As an Area Manager, you are responsible for maintaining and expanding a portfolio of customers to maximize sales and profits of foodservice products and value added services. The qualified candidate must be a strategic thinker and innovative planner that can identify business opportunities, build positive customer relations and maintain account relationships while seeking and cultivating new accounts.
- Planning and organizing schedules to call on prospective new accounts
- Regularly call on existing and potential customers
- Identify customer needs and work to satisfy them, monitor sales volumes, understand customer's needs to recommend products and solutions.
- Promote programs and items, collect customer payments; manage pricing and monitor credit term compliance.
- Be available for emergency deliveries to customers
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications:• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 years of industry related experience or a degree from a culinary school will be considered equivalent experience.
• Outside sales experience in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, organizational and time management skills, strong desire to build new business, strong work ethic and attention to details, excellent customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Position requires extensive local travel- valid driver's license and clean MVR with dependable means of transportation.
• Infrequent lifting of 25 - 30 pounds may be required.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Qualifications:• 4 years college degree or 2 years Business to Business sales experience.
• Foodservice distribution experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.