General Function :
Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability. Presents the best quality product at a competitive retail price to customers.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home and Assistant Managers
Direct Reports: C-Store Employees
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new employees. Has the authority to approve employee discipline. Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge, and salary increases.
Education and Experience:
High School or over one year of related work experience.
• Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
• Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
• Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
Working Conditions :
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards, electrical shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telephone, fax, copier, pallet jacks, garbage disposal, trash compactor, cardboard compactor, box cutter, knives, computer, calculator, frozen juice machine, coffee maker, cash register, Veriphone software, C.A.R.S. reordering system, and gas pumps.
Financial Responsibility :
Responsible for company assets, including equipment and merchandise.
Daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including, employee compensation, monthly results, quarterly inventory reports, sales and profit sheets, and warehouse pricing.