Children's Skills Worker / Mental Health Practitioner
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of children? Are you looking to work for an employee friendly agency with flexible hours?
Family Service Rochester is seeking a full-time individual to provide skills based training to youth, families, &/or groups within Children's Therapeutic Support Services (CTSS) in Olmsted County. These services are designed to support a child in learning skills needed to improve their daily functioning and are provided in homes or the community.
Typical hours are non-traditional, including some evenings. Ability to speak Spanish or another language a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
CTSS Skills Training:
- Provide CTSS skills training to youth as directed/documented in youth's treatment plan, always using positive behavior reinforcement.
- Provide skills training to the youth's family that supports skills needed to enhance the youth's skill development and to help the youth use the skills and develop or maintain a home environment that supports the youth's ongoing use of the skills, as directed/documented in youth's treatment plan.
- Provide/co-facilitate group skills training to multiple recipients who, because of the nature of their emotional, behavioral, or social dysfunction, can derive mutual benefit from interaction in a group setting, as directed/documented in youth's treatment plan.
- Provide/co-facilitate multi-family group directed toward meeting the identified treatment needs of each recipient as indicated in the youth's treatment plan.
- Collaborate with referral source and other service providers involved with the family system when appropriate.
- Complete related documentation in the electronic health record as required by agency and third-party payers.
- Complete other related documentation as required by funders.
- Comply with professional ethics and standards.
CTSS Mental Health Services:
- Provide strength-based, intensive (depending on client program) mental health services to families, couples, individuals, and children utilizing the principles of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy complemented with Solution Focused Therapy.
- Conduct client diagnostic assessments (including outcome related) and develop a CTSS treatment plan based on the evaluation.
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in social work (or related field) and 2000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of mental health services to youth, OR Master's degree in social work (or related field).
- Must possess effective communication skills with clients and colleagues,
- Computer literacy,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of family systems and advanced principles of social work practice is required. Possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations. Ability to work within a team environment, and effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers, clients, and referral sources. Must possess computer literacy preferably in Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes.
- Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
- Acceptable criminal background check based on agency and Department of Human Services guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Click the "Apply" button and send us your resume
- Fill out the application on our website at: https://familyservicerochester.wufoo.com/forms/moe9nce1r4a5cg/