Dishwasher- Wahlburgers at Hy-Vee
General Function :
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly guest service. Handles food, equipment, and materials in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Accountable and Reports to: Food Service Director, Kitchen Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
No education requirement. 0-2 years of similar or related work experience
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There is exposure to noise, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, temperature extremes and possible electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a kitchen environment including disposal, trash compactor, slicer, grill, fryer, dishwasher, ovens, stovetop, and knives.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.