Family Involvement Strategies Coordinator / Social Worker
Do you believe that children are nested in an extended family network? Are you passionate about the role extended families play in the lives of the children they love? Do you desire to empower family networks to make decisions for their own children? If you answered yes to these questions, you would make a great addition to Family Service Rochester with the Family Involvement Strategies team.
As a family involvement strategies coordinator/facilitator, you will provide direct service to families specific to the preparation, coordination and facilitation of Family Involvement Strategies. Primary focus is to engage extended families and support systems in building child safety and well-being plans in collaboration with county child welfare and juvenile corrections in Southeastern MN.
Ideal candidates will possess excellent communication, listening, computer and organizational skills, knowledge of human services and family systems and experience in the area of conflict resolution.
- Employer paid Short Term Disability
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Coordinate and facilitate FIS meetings on referral from a variety of Community Services Units utilizing the concepts of the Family Group Decision Making models.
- Complete all assigned documentation and prepare paperwork related to family plans.
- Provide education and information on Family Involvement Strategies and Family Group Decision Making to the community.
- Work as part of a team in the implementation of Family Involvement Strategies.
- MN Social Work license or license eligibility is required
- Relevant experience in working with families.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with diverse populations; to work within a team environment
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers and clients.
- Must possess computer literacy.
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, and occasional weekends if needed to meet family needs and deadlines.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Please click the "Apply" button and submit your resume!
Step 2: a completed application is necessary. You may apply on-line or in person. An application may be filed from our website www.familyservicerochester.org or mailed to Family Service Rochester, 4600 18th Ave NW; Rochester, MN 55901. EOE