Highway Maintenance Worker
MnDOT District 6 may fill up to 20 vacancies at various truck stations within the district.
Function: Road Surface/Roadway Maintenance
Perform all activities required for roadside maintenance
Perform all roadway surface maintenance activities
Service and make minor repairs to operating equipment
Provide traffic control
Perform basic construction monitoring duties and basic inspection activities
Function: Snow and Ice
Maintains roadways for snow and ice control
Prepares and inspects winter equipment
Performs preseason snow route inspection and performs post storm cleanup
Performs winter stockpile setup and transfer of anti-icing and de-icing chemicals
Perform all work related to installing, repairing, maintaining, and removing snow fences; replacing mailboxes
Maintain documentation on snow and ice data for accurate reporting of inventory and resource management
Performs traffic control set-ups and/or provides notification to dispatch of disabled vehicles.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
11 paid holidays per year
Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
13 paid sick days per year
Defined pension plan
Paid life insurance
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota's nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that MN thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of MN. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. We offer superior benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
- One year of experience performing activities in snow and ice, soils, road surface maintenance, roadside maintenance, bridge maintenance, signs or related activities (roadway maintenance, driving commercial vehicles, landscaping, operating heavy equipment or farm experience)
- Valid Commercial Drivers' License, Class B with no air brake restriction. A Class A CDL with no air brake restriction and tanker endorsement will be required within the first six months of employment. YOU MUST LIST COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH NO AIR BRAKE RESTRICTION AND ANY AND ALL ENDORSEMENTS/CERTIFICATIONS ON YOUR RESUME.
- Working knowledge of English sufficient to read, write, speak and understand oral and written information; communicate with employees and the general public in-person or via two-way radio and other electronic devices; and to maintain routine written logs and simple records.
- Veterans may be eligible for a waiver of CDL based on military experience. Please contact your County Veteran Service Officer at www.minnesotaveteran.org/cvso/ to obtain a copy of your VMET DD2586.
APPLY ONLINE BY 8/3/2020:
- Go to www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 39368 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please select: Internet Job Board - MN Jobs.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/mmb/careers/ will be considered.