Take on an important role contributing to our community's pandemic response by providing leadership in meeting the essential household needs of persons impacted by the consequences of COVID-19.
Family Service Rochester (FSR) is a leader in the Olmsted County pandemic response. Our Incidental Command Center collects and distributes in-demand household items (such as toilet paper, cleaning wipes and spray, hand soap, laundry soap, dish soap, diapers, wipes and personal hygiene products) to support persons with COVID-19 related health and employment impacts.
Starting Pay: $19.00 per hour (This position is a .75FTE temporary assignment that ends at the end of 2020)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage and complete assigned activities that include scheduling agency pickups, accurate files/record keeping, compiling program data for reports, and computer database entry to ensure the delivery of services and the record of services provided are documented within established deadlines.
- Train, support, and schedule staff/volunteers to prepare them to perform order fulfillment and delivery activities in harmony with program goals and objectives.
- Provide information and referrals when needed for community partners.
- Sort, inventory, purchase, needed supplies.
- Process agency orders for pickup and/or delivery.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related human service degree is desired.
- Desire previous relevant experience working in human services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Speak, read and write in English. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Possess computer literacy including operation of basic Microsoft Excel software.
- Ability to interact positively with diverse populations, maintain consumer confidentiality and act in a professional, respectful manner.
- Ability to work within a team environment and effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers and community agencies.
- Must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
FSR is one of the "2020 Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota" and an equal opportunity employer.
1. Please click the "Apply" button and send us your resume!
2. Next, please complete the application on our website: https://familyservicerochester.wufoo.com/forms/moe9nce1r4a5cg/