School Linked Mental Health Therapist (PT)
Seeking a partl-time master's level therapist to provide clinical services in the school and home settings in the Olmsted County area.
The School Based Mental Health (SBMH) Therapist will provide mental health services co-located in the school setting to increase access for students who would otherwise have to leave school to receive these services and for students who cannot access these services because their families do not have the ability, availability and/or unable to meet with service providers outside of school.
This position exists to provide mental health services to help people increase their level of functioning, and assist in building skills and confidence to manage challenges in their lives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consistently demonstrates clinical competence and professionalism by effectively providing mental health therapy and diagnostic services to children and their families.
- Consistently demonstrates professional behaviors that reflect respect for clients and their families, co-workers, the schools, and the organization.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with school sites and community members to expand and maintain SBMH collaborative efforts.
- Qualified applicants MUST be post master's degree (Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field) pursuing licensure or possess a valid clinical license in Minnesota (LICSW, LPCC, LMFT, LP)
- Experience with diagnostic assessments, training in DC:0-5, and experience working with children in school settings is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems and possess the ability to work effectively with all client and professional populations.
- Ability to work within a school team environment, and effectively communicates with colleagues, co-workers, clients and referral sources.
- Should be experienced in or wanting to develop skills in a solution focused, brief therapy model of practice. Must possess computer literacy preferably in Microsoft Office.
- Possess skills in coordinating, collaborating and conducting delivery of mental health related services. Ability to collaborate effectively with others. Knowledge of biological, behavioral and environmental aspects of emotional disturbances, mental health disabilities, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse.
- Knowledge of the scope and activities of public and private health and welfare agencies and other available community resources. Knowledge of the principles and techniques of mental health consultation, education and prevention within the community.
- Ability to input information respective to mental health as a related service utilizing educational software systems.
- Must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes.
- Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
- Maintain professional licensure, meeting training requirements.
How to Apply:
1. Please click the "Apply" button and send us your resume!
2. Next, please complete the application on our website: https://familyservicerochester.wufoo.com/forms/moe9nce1r4a5cg/