Serve an important role distributing food and household supplies and providing senior independence services to meet the needs of older adults, person with disabilities, and persons impacted by the consequences of COVID-19.
Family Service Rochester (FSR) is a leader in providing senior independence services in Olmsted County. We are now also playing a major role in our community's pandemic response. In addition to our chore services, we deliver meals, packaged foods, and fresh foods to older adults, persons with disabilities, and persons with COVID-19 related health and employment impacts. We also collect and distribute in-demand household items.
Starting Pay: $16.00 per hour (This position is a .50FTE temporary assignment that ends at the end of 2020)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Pick up and deliver food/supplies per schedule
- Prepare food and supplies boxes per distribution schedule
- Assist in unloading, weighing, sorting incoming food
- Daily clean and sanitize floors and surfaces in food prep areas
- Clean and sanitize refrigerator interior 2x/week or more if needed
- Respond to requests for information from supervisor and other program staff in a clear and timely manner
- Complete yardwork, fall clean up and snow removal per schedule
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma preferred
- Desire relevant experience: grocery bagger, yard work, cleaning, physical labor, delivery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Speak, read, write in English. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to interact positively with diverse populations, possess capacity and maturity to be non-judgmental, act in professional respectful manner; and work within a team environment; effectively communicate with colleagues, co-workers and agencies.
- Must possess basic computer literacy.
- Must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to use for work purposes.
- Willingness and ability to work additional time if needed to meet crises and deadlines.
FSR is one of the "2020 Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota" and an equal opportunity employer.
1. Please click the "Apply" button and send us your resume!
2. Next, please complete the application on our website: https://familyservicerochester.wufoo.com/forms/moe9nce1r4a5cg/