Tutor / Coach
Provide tutor and coaching with K-12 students regarding school work (reading, math, history, English etc.) and other enrichment learning activities. This 21st Learning site meets MN Dept of Ed. COVID safety requirements of working in small family pods of 4 to 8 students, 2-3 days a week with assigned families.
Temporary position estimated to last Jan-Aug 2021, working 8-15 hours/week. Starting wage of $14 per hour.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist students with online access and computer interfaces.
- Assist with set up, clean up and sanitizing of work space
- Lead activities with students
- Help facilitate guest presenters
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience or desire to work with youth.
- Preferred: teaching experience, high school or college graduate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in one or more of the follow areas: math, English reading and writing, Algebra, Geometry.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Somali and English. Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and use creativity and take initiative.
- Ability to work within a team environment and effectively communicate across organizations and in community.